1.In November Heyneke Meyer realised the Springboks need to play rugby more suitable to the Northern Hemisphere so he replaced Handre Pollard with Patrick Lambie. Now in August the penny dropped, South Africa must play Northern Hemisphere rugby, so he replaced Pollard for Lambie.
2. Elton Jantjies, Lionel Mapoe and Scarra Ntubeni have been kept out of the public eye by being in the Springbok squad but not playing for the Boks and because they are kept in the squad they havn’t appeared for their respective teams in the Currie Cup.
3. Heyneke Meyer states that most sides these days play open-side flankers.This observation only a mere 40 years after teams started playing open-side flankers.
4. Heyneke Meyer selects Jesse Kriel at outside centre the selection proves to be inspirational but denies Lionel Mapoe an opportunity to stake a claim in the team.
5. Heyneke Meyer has overseen the Springboks fall in World Rankings with a first loss to Argentina and only our second ever loss to Wales.
6. Heyneke Meyer has a squad that is only fit enough for 60 minutes of rugby.
7. Having a look at your options especially at scrum-half, inside centre and outside centre means playing the same player in that position over and over.
8. The way to play winning rugby is to play less rugby and be tactically smarter.
9. Heyneke Meyer may be in charge for a further 4 years.
10. ‘Domkrag’ rugby rules in SA and won’t go away.